Packing a billiard table for your upcoming move can be an overwhelming and time-consuming process. You need it to be disassembled so you can move it properly and safely. A billiard table can be one of the heaviest things you can bring when moving to a new home. Thus, you should get as much help as you can. To make the entire process as hassle-free as possible, here’s how to pack a billiard table for moving.
- Look for the appropriate moving supplies and materials. If you plan to pack your pool table on your own, the first thing you should do is to gather the proper supplies now. Start checking your toolbox and find out whether you have the materials and tools necessary to pack it properly. You’ll require a screwdriver, socket wrench, power drill, and a staple remover that’s used to remove the table’s felt. Don’t forget to get several moving blankets to protect the parts. When it comes to the balls and triangle, it’s best to have them wrapped in soft packing paper and label them accordingly. If possible, use plenty of marked boxes or bags where you can put the parts and screws inside.
- Disassemble the side pockets. To begin with, the billiard table disassembly, remove the staples so you can detach the six side pockets. Depending on the model of your table, you may need a staple remover or screwdriver to unfasten the pockets properly. Cover each pocket in a wrapping paper and put them in a box.
- Loosen the rail bolts below each rail. Use a wrench to unscrew the bolts that hold the rails to the table. Then, detach the rail sections and set them aside. Ask someone’s help if you’re dealing with attached rails at the corners. After the removal, pack each rail in a moving blanket and seal it with packing tape.
- Remove the felt. This step may require more time and patience. However, the way you’ll remove the felt depends on how it’s attached on the base. Make sure you take every time you need in removing it as any mistake may lead you to purchase a new one. You can use a staple remover for the felt removal. Once removed, keep the felt by folding it carefully.
- Remove the base and detach the frame from the legs. Get the most out of power tools to unscrew the bolts that hold the main base of the table. Then, find time to separate the frame from the legs by flipping the former upside down.
- Pack the billiard table. Once you’ve disassembled the main parts of the table, it’s time to pack them in the moving truck. Before loading them, secure plenty of furniture pads to safeguard finished wood especially its valuable pieces. If it’s your first time to move a billiard table, it’ll help if you ask for some advice from a professional moving company. Some of them may be known for being specialty movers who are skilled in moving large items and offering other packing services.
- Box up the accessories. Boxing up the billiard table accessories means you need to have stuffing pillows to prevent the items from moving. Designate a large box to place all the parts such as the pockets, balls, standing cues, and any other accessories. Make sure you deal with the folded felt gentle by covering it with a plastic wrap.
The Bottom Line
Packing and moving a billiard table should always be taken seriously as it requires a special consideration throughout the process. So, follow these packing tips and expect a smooth move afterward. However, if you don’t have the appropriate moving tools and supplies, you may find it less hassle to use an experienced billiard table mover who will handle the move for you.