If you’re planning to make a move with your family, then congratulations! Now’s an awesome time to make sure that you and your loved ones get to a new place where you can call home and live a long and more comfortable life. Thanks to your new home, you can enjoy better and more filling meals with your family, fulfilling walks in the park, or even more opportunities along the way such as schooling and work. And if you want to make your move much easier to handle, chances are you might rely on professionals such as moving companies to make arrangements for you.
However, sometimes we can’t deny that finding a reliable professional service can be one of the trickiest things to do nowadays. After all, the popularity of online services and social media makes it much harder for people to find services and companies that can directly service their needs. Moreover, in terms of moving long distance, it can be difficult for you to find a company that can help you get to your specific destination in mind, or to overcome some logistical difficulties you might experience. Interestingly, just because finding a reliable moving company is tricky doesn’t entirely mean it’s impossible. In this article, we’ll explore exactly how you can pull it off.
Remember, just because you’re experiencing some difficulty vetting and looking for reliable moving companies doesn’t mean it’s impossible to do so. In fact, you can find a number of reliable moving teams and companies with the right approach and the right kind of planning. Here are some of the best ways you can do it:
- Check what services you’re in need of from movers. Before you find the best kind of movers for your needs, it is important to identify what kind of services you want to avail in the first place. Remember, most, if not all, moving companies do not just offer full-service moves but rather offer specialized kinds of services that can be extremely specific to what you desire. For instance, long distance moves may require certain equipment such as a moving truck in order to transport your supplies to your new home in another state or country. Meanwhile, if you’re looking at a move to a nearby location, you simply might need specific packing services instead. Identifying these as soon as possible allows you to narrow down your search options and avoid wasting valuable time while you work on your move.
- Start looking for movers in the digital space. While you might ask your moving broker for their recommended long distance moving companies, it may help for you to actually look for movers you want to hire in the digital space or online. You can do this by looking for moving companies through search engines and checking out websites that appear in the results. Moreover, you can also look for moving companies in four rooms dedicated to lifestyle and home improvement, or you may even try finding your movers in interest groups in social media or even via online business listings. It’s better to try to find movers online as chances are the more modern and fully equipped movers are also the ones who dedicated time and resources to create and establish an online presence.
- Look beyond loading and unloading. Granted, most web sites of moving companies will likely try to appeal to their audiences by mentioning that they specialize in the loading and unloading of inventory as well as full service moves. However, try to use this opportunity while viewing the website to check around if they have a list of services and to identify whether this list contains all the things you need in order to make the move successful on your end. Ideally, the more services and perks a moving company has to offer via their website, the more trustworthy they may seem. In that regard, it helps to identify the different ways of getting in touch with them such as emails, calls, or even messaging them via social media.
- See their capability to move things long distance. One of the true tests of identifying reliable movers is to check whether they have the capacity to support long distance moves to far away states and other locations. The earlier you get to determine this, the easier it will be for you to determine whether they have enough equipment and experience or even the right kind of manpower in order to support you and your moving needs. Moreover, a moving company being able to move things long distance means they probably have a lot more concise and concrete set of requirements and certifications from various agencies which can further improve their legitimacy.
- See if they are familiar with the location of your move. If you’re moving within the United States, it makes sense to see whether your mover is familiar with the country. In that regard, it helps if you also confirm whether your shortlisted movers are familiar with your new neighborhood and area in the first place. Essentially, the more familiar a moving company is with regards to your new neighborhood and your new house’s location, the easier it might be for you and your movers to organize the rest of your move. Moreover, familiarity with your new neighborhood avoids any need for complicated maps and removes the risk of getting lost while finding your new house during moving day.
- Check if they have other perks such as insurance. Another thing that you should determine with any mover you meet are insurance as well as other perks that may exist if you choose their service. Sometimes, moving companies also offer extra help in things related to your move if you hire them that other companies cannot necessarily offer. For instance, we at Roadway Moving can help you have a more personalized and professional moving experience that is tailor fit to your specific needs. Moreover, being granted insurance that moving companies offer can give a great deal of protection and assurance that nothing wrong will happen while you fix the rest of your move with their chosen moving company.
- Check their familiarity with routes and any potential stops. If you’re slowly getting decided with your moving company, try to ask them what kind of routes they might take in order to get to your neighborhood as efficiently as possible. Familiarity with United Van Lines and Allied Van Lines allows various moving companies to ensure that their truck drivers and vehicles they drive that will transport moving materials will be able to arrive in your home safe and sound without having to risk any form of damages.
- See if they can give you a reasonable estimate. In terms of hiring any professional service, binding estimates and cost estimates allow you to determine just how much you need to spend on your house move or company move. More importantly, these estimates help you determine whether you have the budget to support such a project in the first place, or if you need to reconsider hiring movers and other specialists to provide services that these movers can’t for your house and other moving needs. Additionally, having a preliminary estimate in advance allows you to determine whether there are any adjustments you need to make with other personal endeavors. Most importantly, having an estimate allows you to double check whether there are any extra fees that you still need to pay on moving day or if the cost estimate contains only an accurate assessment.
- Check customer reviews regarding various concerns and comments. Another great way for you to identify if the movers you’re dealing with are reliable or not is actually check for customer reviews that talk about the various elements and things they have experienced while dealing with the services you’re looking into. Thanks to reviews, you can check how a company handles fragile items and other kinds of furniture, accessories, and items. Additionally, reviews can give quite a lot of information regarding how moving companies provide adequate or inadequate assistance or even elaborate on how to better negotiate or talk to them. However, always keep an open mind and treat all reviews with a grain of salt as there is also a possibility that some of them are bots and even scams. In turn, it helps to always pay attention to what others commonly complain about and what services other people commonly praise as these identify elements and particular features of a moving company that you might want to consider availing or even avoiding.
- Ensure that they can operate within your old destination and new area. Another important consideration when it comes to choosing local moving companies is to ensure that they are actually allowed to operate in the area where your new home is located. Professional movers always make it a point to make sure that they have the right kind of documentation and certification that allows them to work in different areas especially if they offer both local and long distance moving services. Remember, different states and locations may have different rules when it comes to the kind of vehicles and services allowed to operate inside of them. As such, you know your moving company is reliable if they have made extra precaution to ensure that they are actually allowed to operate within your area of choice. The sooner you can confirm whether these movers can operate in your particular area, the less things you have to worry about if any local authority asks for information about the legitimacy of your move.
- Ensure they are a legitimate service by confirming with the authorities. A lot of people might consider it overkill to be extra careful when it comes to hiring professionals such as moving companies, however it is also extremely important to ensure that you are working with a legitimate company in order to avoid any sort of legal trouble when it comes to more specific parts of your move such as if you’re moving to another state. If possible, try to allocate time to confirm with your business bureau whether a particular moving company is legitimate or not and if there are considerations you need to understand when it comes to the technicalities of your move. A business bureau may be able to explain whether you should expect to pay extra fees when it comes to moving to other locations or if you’re supposed to hire other professionals for specific needs.
- Try to check where your prospective mover can follow your particular timeline. There is a huge chance that a mover will likely convince you that they are the ones to do your job when it comes to your house move. In these instances, try to gauge whether you’re moving can accomplish things such as cross country moves, and if following your particular timeline and specifications are something your mover is capable of doing. It’s important to ensure that the mover is capable of following your moving timeline especially if you are chasing some sort of deadlines such as making your way for a job or rushing to get your kids enrolled in specific schools. Essentially, movies that can help you meet these critical deadlines at a moments notice without any trouble and even mishaps are extremely reliable movers that you might want to keep in your contacts. Remember, movers are considered reliable if they’re capable of adjusting to your particular timeline without jeopardizing any part of the moving process and still being able to meet your needs as a client.
- See how they interact with other customers and clients. Another important thing you can consider when hiring a mover from the moving industry is to evaluate their reliability with the way we interact with other clients and customers in your area. Chances are, they will want to maintain a presence in social media and online forums, which means you should probably check if they regularly reply to customer concerns and how they react to negative reviews. If your movers act professional, chances are they are open to concerns and may be trustworthy when it comes to adjusting specifications to meet your particular needs and even being open to suggestions when it comes to how they should conduct your particular move. Remember, it’s important to check out your movers and interact with other people outside your conversations in order to identify if they are consistently communicative with their clients or if they just choose customers to interact with.
Find The Best Moving Company For Long Distance
With the above tips in mind, it’s important to remember that it’s totally possible to find, locate, and hire a reliable and reputable moving company regardless of the type of move you have. For long distance moving, specifically, it’s important to find a moving team capable of supporting your needs from both a logistical and moving-oriented approach.
In turn, the most efficient moving teams for your long-distance needs will likely be able to assist you from document and requirement submission, packing and unpacking, to the transportation process in its entirety.