Moving can be one of the most awesome things you’ll be able to do in your life. After all, moving can be considered a sign of your financial independence. Whether it’s for moving out of the house, buying your dream home, or moving in with your new family, a move can be a transformative event in your life. Unfortunately, the moving process itself isn’t that simple. And sometimes, you really need a professional moving service to be able to help you with your needs. Thing is, a lot of movers are available for hiring right now. How do you know which ones to avoid?
Thankfully, you can easily spot red flags that indicate certain movers aren’t exactly the most reliable ones out there. And even if you’re shortlisted some stellar moving companies as your candidates, here are some red flags that may indicate they’re not the movers for you:
- Ensure they’re able to operate in your location. Another important part to check with your moving company is if they’re able to operate in your location in the first place. If you’re moving from Boston to New York, make sure they state they can specifically go to these places. Some states have different rules and regulations with regards to movers, so make sure this is clear. If your moving company seems to want to do anything remotely shady, that’s a red flag and you should avoid them.
- Make sure your movers are licensed. One of the most important red flags to avoid is if your prospective movers aren’t licensed, insured, and authorized to operate in your location. A great way to avoid this is to call your local business bureau and ask if the particular mover you’re looking into is licensed to operate in your area. If they are, then you at least know they’re able to provide business.
- Make sure offerings are properly stated. Your prospective movers should be able to explain their offerings properly. Are they able to do interstate moving? They need to be able to tell you what they’re capable of, what services they offer, and what other factors come into play when you ask them for quotations. This aspect proves they’re a professional moving service, and is a good sign that they’re recommended. If they don’t explain their services properly, that might be a red flag.
- See to it that they’re capable of long distance moving. Another important part you should clarify with your movers is if they’re able to support you across all parts of your moving process, regardless what aspect of the move you’re in. Part of this is ensuring they’re capable of long distance moves, as this ensures they’re aware of the various documentation and requirements needed to make such moves successful on your end.
- See to it they’re properly equipped with the right materials. If you’re moving in a place like the Big Apple, you should expect a lot of traffic, different turns and runabouts, and even a lot of stops. This means the things inside the truck or moving storage will be moved a lot. Your movers need to guarantee that they’ll be able to keep your things safe and sound throughout the trip. These include guaranteeing they’re insured, and they explain to you what kind of moving process they follow in-depth. If they can’t do this for you, then it might be a fishy moving company.
Movers from Boston to New York: Be Wary of Red Flags
With the above tips into consideration, always remember that we can’t be too careful regarding the movers we’re hiring. While most movers out there are reliable and efficient, not everyone is fit for the job we’re asking them to do. WIth the tips above, you can hopefully manage to find the right movers for your needs. And remember, always be clear with what services you’re looking for so your prospective movers can help elaborate what they can do for you.