Moving Companies 101: Qualities of Reliable Movers You Should Look For
rating based on 1.5K+ reviews on
So you’re about to conduct your move. Congratulations! Of course, this is one step closer to fulfilling your dreams – be it going to a new home, or opening a new business location. Regardless, as best movers will tell you, moving all your furniture and equipment to a new place won’t be the easiest thing to do. And thankfully, service providers like moving companies can help you conduct your moves safely and efficiently. How do you find them, though?
Moving Companies: How Do We Find Them?
When looking for a reliable mover, you shouldn’t just look for a moving company that’s cheap, or closest to you. It helps to double down and double check if they’re a team that actually gets the job done in an efficient and effective manner. Here are some tips for you to consider:
- Assess if they can work in your area and your destination. Perhaps the most important consideration you should find first with moving companies in New York – as well as other places – is if they can conduct their services in your preferred destination. This means, in the context of New York City, your mover should be able to do business in NYC moving to other areas. When looking for movers, confirm and check with them whether they can do business in both your current area and your new area, or if they need particular permits and documents. This allows you to check whether you can consider this mover for hiring, as helping them secure licenses and other documents does take time.
- Determine if they can do the kind of move you want. It’s important to remember that while moving companies often have the same set of objectives and nature of work, highly recommended movers recommended movers often have different kinds of specializations. These range from house moves, office moves, and even local moving. When choosing a mover, you should first determine what services you need done and then see if they can do them. This ranges from storage services, to transportation of fragile goods.
- Observe how they do their moving work. The most reliable and efficient moving teams often have a particular set of protocols to follow whenever they conduct moves. These protocols range from how they plan and organize their moves, how they handle equipment, to how exactly they should carry moving boxes safely. Not only that, but that operations of moving companies don’t just rely on the movers themselves, but also on a robust network of accountants, marketers, and even customer services representatives to ensure everything in their operations work smoothly. When looking for a mover, try to ask about how they do business. This applies to all sorts of movers, not just NYC movers and other teams.
- Look for a team with experience under their belt. Granted, some rookie moving companies may have a lot to offer given their unique and innovative approach to the industry. However, it may help to look into a moving service with years of experience under their belt. This gives an extra guarantee in terms of efficiency, safety, and even enough “bang for your buck.” When you choose a team with experience, you won’t have to worry as much if they really know what they’re doing, and they most likely have enough resources and manpower to accommodate your needs.
- See if they have a flexible slate of offerings. Choose a moving company that won’t just stick to “packing and unpacking” your things. The most reliable movers usually give their clients the opportunity to be more flexible and diverse with their moves. Great moving companies don’t just offer small moves, but also offer diverse services such as logistical consultation, green and sustainable moving, house moves, office moves, and even moving long distance.
- Check if they can handle long distance moves. Reliable movers don’t just let you move your belongings to different locations, you can rely on them to handle long distance moving. This is important, especially if you’re looking for a service to move your things to a different state, or other far-off locations. Before you begin the move process, ask your prospective movers if they can provide their services to far-off locations – such as if they can deliver to Staten Island even if you’re from New York City.
Finding Your Moving Company: It Takes Time, Research
With the above in mind, it’s important to remember that hiring a moving company isn’t an extremely easy thing to do. This doesn’t mean it’s impossible, though. Remember to consider finding the traits above for your movers, as these traits usually spell out a team of professionals that will not only conduct business effectively, but provide you with a service that you will actually benefit from.