Tips On Deciding If Your Furniture Is Worth Moving
rating based on 1.9K+ reviews on
Moving house is a pretty demanding and challenging task, and it can be quite stressful, especially when you have furniture to move. There are many tasks you need to finish, from reassembling your furniture to packing and protecting it, and finally, placing it carefully into the moving truck. But, have you wondered whether you need every single piece of furniture in your new home? This question makes you think about what you should move with you? Don’t worry. Movers and packers NYC from Roadway Moving NYC will help you with the decision. We’re here to help you take the stress out of your experience. Deciding if your furniture is worth moving is now easier with our guide. So, read on and check what you can declutter.
Table of Contents
Decluttering is the key to a successful relocation
For most individuals, decluttering is the most common moving step, and it’s certainly the key to a successful move. However, it’s not so hard to decide what to declutter, especially when it comes to the furniture, no matter whether it is old or new. There are many reasons why you should declutter. And although money may be the biggest one, it’s not the most important. Namely, people usually purge away furniture if it doesn’t fit their new home in terms of size and interior design. However, sometimes people feel sentimental when it comes to the furniture, or they are just unsure whether they’ll need it or not. If you are unsure about deciding whether your furniture is worth moving, look for the signs.
These signs will help you in deciding whether your furniture is worth moving
According to our long distance movers NYC, these are the signs that your furniture is (not) worth moving:
- Bulky furniture: It is one of the most obvious signs that your furniture may not be worth moving. However, it largely depends on the size of your new home and, of course, the money, you plan to spend on the relocation. Another reason not to move furniture may be the size of your hallways and doorways. Check whether the furniture can go through them.
- Condition: If you are not sure whether to move your furniture or not, check its condition thoroughly. The obvious sign that will help you decide whether your furniture is worth moving or not is its overall condition. Consider decluttering your furniture if it is too worn out, scratched, half-broken, too wobbly, or simply requires restoration.
- Moving long distances: Believe it or not, this is one of the main reasons why you should consider whether to move your furniture or not. Long-distance relocation is a complex process, and it requires detailed planning. Moving your furniture will largely define the whole process. So, if you don’t need some piece of furniture so bad in your new home, consider decluttering. This way, you’ll save a lot of time and nerves.
- Way of moving: Whether you’ll move your furniture depends on the way you want to perform the move. If you are relocating by yourself, consider decluttering. However, if you are moving with professional movers, consult them, and make a decision.
- Money: To be honest, money will mostly impact your decision whether you will move your furniture or not. If you have enough money for the new furniture, go for it. If not, choose the best solution for decluttering. By the way, this is the perfect time to buy a new mattress.
Questions to ask yourself when moving your furniture
It’s not always easy to decide whether your furniture is worth moving or not. However, our international movers NYC made a list of questions that can help you decide. Ask yourself the following questions, make a moving plan with a floor plan of your new home, and make a decision.
Does the furniture fit your new home?
The answer to this question is simple. Just make a floor layout of your new home and check whether your furniture fits. Consider the space, the size, and of course, check the size of the doorways and hallways. If your doorways are too small, your hallways too narrow, and your furniture cannot be disassembled, you should declutter the furniture. Measure the length and width of different parts of the space and avoid potential mishaps. Also, check if your moving company offers disassembling services. Next, consider overall aesthetics and design. If you want a new design theme, don’t relocate your old furniture. On the other hand, if your furniture fits the style, move it, especially if you have antique pieces – they are never out of fashion.
Deciding whether your furniture is worth moving: Is your furniture durable, functional, and practical to move?
Sometimes, it doesn’t make sense to move furniture that isn’t functional. Ask yourself whether the furniture is practical to use and move. High-quality furniture is worth keeping, no matter the size, shape, and how much space it takes. Before you get rid of some pieces, consider their value and how much it is going to cost you to replace your old furniture. Sometimes, it’s better to restore some pieces of furniture than to buy new ones. Besides, ask yourself whether the furniture has sentimental value to you. And if you have fragile pieces of furniture that you still want to keep, check how to move delicate furniture without getting damaged.
Can you afford to buy new furniture?
This is perhaps the most important question to ask yourself when deciding if your furniture is worth keeping. So, plan your budget carefully, think about all the expenses, and make a plan. For example, if you want to replace your new furniture, you can organize a garage sale and use the money to buy new pieces of furniture. Also, if you are moving long distances or internationally, check how much it costs to move furniture and check does it pay you off. Take the shipping costs into account and decide whether to move the furniture or not.
Contact us today and schedule your move
After deciding whether your furniture is worth moving, schedule your movers. No matter whether you are going to move your furniture or not, you’ll need some help. And who better to assist you than Roadway Moving NYC. Our movers will handle your relocation smoothly and efficiently, so you won’t have to worry about anything. Whatever you want to move, whether it’s your furniture or other belongings, our movers NYC will ensure that your relocation is simple, safe, and enjoyable. So, contact us today, get your moving quote, and schedule your relocation.