What To Do If Movers Are Late?
Moving according to plan is really nice and that’s the truth especially if you have professional movers to handle the move for you. Unfortunately, some things may stay out of your control no matter how prepared and organized you are during the entire process. The problem arises when everything is set but your moving team is late. You’re already in a tight schedule and waiting for them is not fun at all.
Read on this article as we’ll provide simple tips on what to do when your movers don’t arrive on time.
1. Stay calm – Worrying too much doesn’t solve the problem. Thus, it’s best if you refrain yourself from panicking. Instead of wasting your time thinking about the possible worse scenarios, you’d better stay calm and use the time more efficiently. After all, you can’t do anything but wait until you learn the reasons why they’re late.
2. Contact the office of the moving company – Working with a moving company means you should know their phone number and the name of the representative to talk to when a problem arises. While there can be a lot of reasons why they didn’t arrive on time, the best thing to do is to contact their office and ask them when the moving crew will arrive. You should also get all the information from them politely but firmly so you’ll know what to do next.
3. Use the waiting time efficiently – If there’s one thing you can do if the moving team will arrive late, that is to wait for only a few hours and make it all work. There are, in fact, several ways where you can get the most out of your time while waiting for the relocation.
- You can even utilize the waiting time efficiently by boxing up all your unpacked items and make sure everything is ready for the move. From the labeling of moving boxes to the preparation of essentials, use that available time wisely.
- However, if someone notifies you that the mover can’t come within the scheduled day, then it’s time for you to rearrange your next schedule.
4. Call the moving company for the re-arrangements – The moment you’ve learned that your mover won’t be able to assist you, then try to speak with them again to make rearrangements of the schedule.
- But if you fail to reach them out through their phone numbers, visit their website and look for an alternative contact number. Remember, you should keep trying until someone in the company will pick up the phone and accommodate your concerns.
- If your mover doesn’t appear after a few days, it’s a clear indication that you should look for last-minute professionals to carry out your home relocation.
- And since you’ve probably paid a deposit or downpayment, don’t hesitate to read and check your contract well as you may be entitled with a money back.
5. Hire last-minute movers – Even if everything seems so frustrating with your original moving company, there’s still nothing to fret about because last-minute movers will always be there to help you resolve the problem you’re involved with.
- This is the best and final solution to think about when you’re facing this kind of unfortunate situation. Despite the short notice, this last-minute moving company will still be able to handle your local moving as smooth as possible.
- Therefore, find the right replacement company that will surely keep the stress away and will help you get settled in your new home.
In most cases, traffic jam and other problems can make your mover arrive late. With these kinds of reasons, you can be sure that they’ll come over no matter what. However, if you’re expecting for the moving crew for a longer period of time, it’s sad to say but you may have been a victim of a fraudulent moving company. To make sure it’ll not happen, you have to check the mover’s credentials before you sign any contract with them. Be sure to ask for recommendations or even get some referrals to avoid being a prey of a moving fraud. Be prepared because everything is possible.