Breaking Down The Moving Season
On the move? From careers to school, retirement or personal choice, each year, an estimated 53.15 million people move within the U.S. With moving comes strategic planning, packing and making the actual trek to your new destination. Whether it’s your first or 15th time moving, check out these interesting facts and tips of the moving season—from the best days of the week to book a moving company to unique tricks that will make long distance moving more bearable.
Key Moving Out Takeaways:
- 1 in 6 Americans move each year (35.7 million)
- 33% of renters move each year
- The average adult moves 11.7 times in their lifetime
- June 30, July 31, and August 1 are the busiest moving days of the year
- Over 60% of moves occur between May-September
- Friday is the preferred day to move
- New York has the 5th highest amount of local moves in the United States
- Nearly 1 in 10 households are not happy with their current place and want to move
- The biggest reason for moving is wanting a bigger home
- About 250,000 people move to New York each year
- NYC offers an abundance of opportunities, so get moving!