Tell us you’re from Miami without telling us you’re from Miami
rating based on 2.3K+ reviews on
How the hell can you tell who is a real Miamian and who is just passing by? Even worse, how can you tell who is a fake Miamian and who is the O.G.?
Roadway Moving has prepared you with a list of crucial things only real Miamians know. You can use this list as a cheat code for becoming a local straightaway, and after that, all that is left to do is call Roadway Moving to move you. We are always ready for a real Miami adventure!
You are a real Miamian if…
- You must get a new horn occasionally since your current one is overused.
- You bring your cover-up and jacket everywhere you go since you never know when the ice-cold air conditioning will hit you!
- Hearing the words palmetto and dolphin reminds you of chaos and traffic, not a blue Ocean.
- Words that remind you of the holiday season are ‘Beach, ice cream, and Thanksgiving shopping in flip-flops.’
- You are proficient in Spanglish.
- You never know for sure if the night is gonna end up with a party or a hurricane.
- You remember all the club names that have been changed throughout time. You are boring to people with your ‘Oh, that used to be something else’.
- Partying at South Beach is the last option.
- You know about all of your allergies; not one can be a surprise for you anymore.
- You have a Cuban accent, and you are not from Cuba.
- It’s not ice cream; it’s the afilador!
- You have two kinds of flip-flops: casual flip-flops and going-out flip-flops.
- At least once, you tried to get into a watersport and failed.
- The party doesn’t start until 1 am for you.
- You named some of your unwanted pets- snakes, bugs, or frogs.
If these are implied to you, congratulations! You may be a real Miamian! We all know that rarely someone has been living there for a whole lifetime, but still, when a local is a local, you know it.