Fueling Your Move: Lasagna & Cookies to Energize Your Moving Day
rating based on 2.3K+ reviews on
Moving day is an exciting yet strenuous event that requires both physical and mental effort. Whether you’re moving across town or across the world, the process of packing, lifting, and relocating can leave you feeling exhausted. That’s why it’s essential to provide yourself with nourishing treats that can keep everyone energized and motivated throughout the day. One fantastic way to do this is by baking a batch of trail mix cookies that combine wholesome ingredients, or a delicious lasagna to fuel your moving adventure.
Trail Mix Cookies: A Wholesome Energy Boost
To keep everyone’s spirits high, you can try the recipe Mia Rigden prepared for her dedicated moving crew! These treats are not just delicious but also packed with nutrients that can help replenish energy levels and keep everyone going strong. These treats are not just delicious but also packed with nutrients that can help replenish energy levels and keep everyone going strong.
One of the key components is a medley of mixed nuts and seeds. Almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds bring a combination of healthy fats, protein, and fiber, offering a prolonged source of energy for your journey. These ingredients are toasted to perfection, imparting a delightful crunch to the cookies.
Rolled old fashioned oats, another integral element, provide complex carbohydrates that release energy gradually. This steady release of energy aids in maintaining endurance throughout the moving process. Furthermore, oats contribute to the cookies’ texture and add a hearty dose of fiber, ensuring a sense of fullness and preventing energy crashes.
To bind everything together, the recipe calls for a combination of a large egg, melted butter, and maple syrup. The egg introduces protein, while the butter and maple syrup supply fats and sugars for readily available energy. A touch of vanilla extract not only enhances the cookies’ aroma but also complements the nutty and fruity elements.
Mixed dried fruit offers natural sweetness and an array of vitamins and minerals. Raisins, cranberries, and apricots lend antioxidants and carbohydrates, crucial for sustained energy during the physically demanding moving process. Dark chocolate chips, aside from their indulgent flavor, contribute to boosting energy and lifting spirits – a perfect accompaniment for the move.
For those who require gluten-free options, this recipe has you covered. The inclusion of gluten-free all-purpose flour ensures that everyone can enjoy these cookies without worrying about dietary restrictions.
Trail Mix Cookies Recipe (adapted from Bon Appetit):
- 1.5 cups mixed nuts and seeds
- 1/2 cup rolled old fashioned oats
- 1 large egg
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cups mixed dried fruit
- 3/4 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- Toast nuts and oats in the oven at 350℉ for 10 minutes or until lightly browned and fragrant.
- Whisk together the egg, vanilla, butter, maple syrup, salt, and baking soda.
- Fold in dried fruit and chocolate chips.
- Add gluten-free flour and mix thoroughly.
- Incorporate cooled nuts and oats.
- Refrigerate dough for 2 hours or overnight.
- Portion 1/3 cup of dough for each cookie and bake at 375℉ for 12-15 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool before transferring or storing.
Tie Dye Lasagna: A Flavorful Source of Comfort and Sustenance
In addition to trail mix cookies, Salvatore DiBenedetto‘s Tie Dye Lasagna presents a savory and hearty option to keep your moving crew energized. With room temperature chicken cutlets, fried eggplant, and a harmonious blend of sauces and cheeses, this lasagna offers a delightful contrast to the sweet treats.
Tie Dye Lasagna Recipe:
- Begin by slicing room temperature chicken cutlets and fried eggplant into thin, long pieces. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a lasagna pan, layer the bottom with a thin coating of vodka sauce. Place ready-to-bake lasagna sheets over the sauce, followed by another layer of vodka sauce. Dollop ricotta cheese and add fried eggplant and mozzarella.
- Add a subsequent layer of lasagna sheets, covering them with Alfredo sauce. Place fried chicken cutlets over the sauce, along with ricotta, parmesan, and mozzarella.
- Continue with another layer of lasagna sheets, this time spreading pesto sauce. Add fried eggplant, ricotta, parmesan, and mozzarella.
- For the final layer, arrange lasagna sheets and top with vodka sauce, Alfredo sauce, pesto, ricotta, mozzarella, and parmesan.
- Bake at 375℉ for 45-60 minutes until the lasagna is thoroughly melted. Allow it to rest for 5-10 minutes before cutting into squares and serving.
- A Note on Preparation: In the midst of a bustling move, this lasagna can be assembled quickly. Consider refrigerating it overnight before baking for an easy, convenient meal that still delivers exceptional flavor.
This recipe, while not entirely from scratch, provides a scrumptious and efficient solution. Don’t hesitate to use high-quality store-bought ingredients for an equally satisfying result.
Bringing Balance to Moving Day
Remember, moving day can be both physically and emotionally demanding, but with a batch of trail mix cookies and a lasagna on hand, and Roadway Moving on the other hand, you can make the process a bit more enjoyable and rewarding!