If you’ve decided on moving houses, then congratulations! A house move can be one of the best things that can happen to you and your loved ones. However, you don’t necessarily have to do your house moves alone. In fact, professionals such as house movers can actually help you pull off the house move of your dreams. Thanks to their expertise and skill set, these teams can help speed up and make your house move extremely efficiently.
House movers can be the best team of professionals that can handle your local house move. However, here are the best practices customers and clients should note on how to choose a local moving company for your needs:
- Confirm the validity of the moving company you want to hire. If you’re planning on hiring a local moving company, it helps to check first if they’re actually registered movers in your immediate vicinity. As such, before you hire a moving company, you should verify their services and appropriate licenses with the Motor Carrier Safety Administration, the Department of Transportation, and other relevant business bureau groups.
- Check for online presence, social media accounts, and online reviews. Remember, in today’s digital age, it’s just as important for companies to have an online presence – especially now that a lot of customers and clients tend to avail services online. In turn, moving companies that are legitimate will likely have a navigable website, responsive and legitimate social media accounts (check for the check mark!) and you should read reviews not just by friends and family, but other clients as well.
- See if their services are specifically geared for your needs. Another important element in determining if you’re hiring the right local moving company is if their services are specifically meeting your needs. For instance, do they provide long distance, real estate, or state moves? Good movers not only state whether they can do an interstate move, but if they’re capable of providing specific moving services and additional services suited for your needs. This is extremely important, as you need to make sure that the movers you’re planning on hiring can actually pull off the kind of service you need from them in order to avoid any mishaps, especially regarding the safety of your belongings and your move at large – especially when it comes to specific policies, such as federal motor carrier safety regulations.
- Ask for details regarding quotations and pricing. Once you’ve pinpointed particular services you want to avail, you should ask for a quotation or even specific details regarding pricing. Your moving company should have an affordable price, and a person estimate should be provided depending on your particular needs. Moreover, other moving companies even offer licensing and insurance, ensuring that your move is safe and following legal procedures. Moreover, when asking for a quotation, do confirm whether there are other “surprise” rates that these teams might suddenly bring up – which is a big no-no. These kinds of guarantees and warnings allow you to pinpoint that a moving company is legitimate and isn’t trying to scam you.
- See if they have decent customer service. One overlooked aspect of finding moving companies is ensuring whether they have decent customer service in the first place. The best American moving and storage teams have customer service representatives capable of explaining everything you need regarding the move – from a backgrounder on local moving companies, all the way to securing everything you need for moving day. Remember, even if you’re dealing with the best moving company, if they’re not able to meet your concerns in a way that makes you comfortable, then they’re not the kind of service for your needs.
Choosing A Local Moving Company: Make It Count
With the above tips in mind, it’s important to remember that as with any other aspect of your move, choosing the right team to rely on when it comes to your moving company is also just as important. After all, with the right team, you’ll be able to enjoy your move and not have any worries, as you know you have the right people handling the move for you.