Moving from York City to North Carolina may not cause a drastic change in the way you live. Although you may not experience any cultural shock, the entire process of relocation can be a challenging undertaking if you don’t plan every aspect of the move. When you make an exhilarating decision to relocate from NYC to Charlotte area, here are the things you need to consider to make sure the moving adventure will be stress-free.
Factors To Consider Before Moving To Charlotte, NC
If you plan to live in Charlotte for whatever reasons, it’s essential to get to know your destination very well. As one of the fast-growing cities in the United States, Charlotte, New Carolina, can be an attractive place to stay. From the busy life of the metropolitan area to a wide variety of cultural and sports events, there are so many things you can do in New Carolina.
Below are the factors you may need to know about Charlotte, NC before you move in:
- People – People living in this area claim that they’re happier than other major cities in the US. That’s probably because of more opportunities and better quality of life that you can get from moving into the city. Plus, the energy and vibe you can see with the people are so motivating.
- Employment opportunities – When it comes to a place that offers well-paying jobs, Charlotte, NC is one of the best options. The city’s unemployment rate is low, and the salary that workers are receiving is much higher than the U.S. average. If you have a background in Finance, Insurance, and Health Care and Social Work, you can choose a variety of employment opportunities in these areas.
- Food – If you have recently moved to Charlotte or have the opportunity to visit the place, you should always try several varieties of food dishes from different restaurants. From barbeques to French and Italian cuisine, there’s something amazing to look forward to when it comes to food choices. The restaurants in Charlotte also makes the city an exciting place to live in.
- Weather – The best thing about Charlotte’s climate is that it has four seasons. If you plan to do skiing and other winter sports, you can do all of these things without going far from the city. In addition, the beaches in North Carolina can be a perfect way to enjoy a summer vacation. When it comes to winter months, living there is relatively easy because it rarely snows. You’ll also see some fantastic foliage during fall, and fresh white powder in the mountains as the temperature begins to drop.
- Affordability – The cost of living in Charlotte, NC, is extremely affordable. For instance, you can buy lands and build a home at affordable prices. However, homes in built-out locations are much more expensive than what you expect. With regards to real estate taxes, residents from the Northeast part of the city can see a decrease in their real estate taxes.
- Neighborhoods – There are 19 neighborhoods in Charlotte, which make it a bit harder for you to narrow down your home options. Plus, you can see comfort, creativity, and convenience in a lot of neighborhoods located in the downtown area.
What To Do When Moving From NYC To Charlotte NC
With hundreds of miles away from NYC to North Carolina, the moving process can be overwhelming. However, with proper planning, preparation, and organization, the transition will be as smooth and stress-free as possible. Here are the things you need to do when you decide to move in a long distance:
- Make your budget carefully – It’s best to set your budget in advance to give way for the moving costs as well as the post-relocation expenses during the first few months in one of the attractive southern cities of the United States. By having a budget in place, you’ll have a good idea of how much money you’re going to spend for your move to North Carolina.
- Declutter – A long distance move becomes more costly if you bring all of your stuff with you. To save more money and avoid transporting unnecessary boxes, find time to sort through your things, and get rid of those you’ll no longer use. You can organize a garage sale and earn some income or donate your stuff to a charity near your home. Remember, the more you declutter, the better.
- Collect packing supplies ahead of time – Running back and forth to buy packing supplies can be a complete hassle on your end. Before you start packing, get hold of all the materials you need. Check whether you can ask for durable boxes from grocery stores for free or at a lower price. Don’t forget to buy packing tapes, markers, bubble wraps for delicate items, and many more. The earlier you prepare for the supplies, the smoother the packing process will be.
- Pack smartly – Plan a strategy for the entire packing job. Whether you’ll pack by room or by priority, the decision is up to you. What’s important is that you stay organized from start to finish. If possible, pack the non-essential items first and then followed by the essentials. Be sure to bring what’s only necessary and leave the unwanted ones behind.
- Label the boxes – Moving far away is a daunting process and you can’t handle the stress if you find out that some of your boxes are missing or misplaced. To prevent this complication during the process, take inventory, and label your boxes appropriately. Detailing your boxes accordingly means it’ll be easier for you to unpack and fill your new space.
- Hire a reputable moving company – The best way to make your move fast and easy is by hiring experienced movers. These professionals have the tools and equipment to ensure all your belongings will be transported safely. By seeking help from them, you may have easy access to a wide variety of packing materials. On the other hand, finding the most suitable moving company requires a lot of time and effort. You may need to do some research to make sure you’ll choose the right one. Here’s what you can do to hire the perfect fit for the job:
Ask for referrals from friends, relatives, and neighborhoods who had previous moving experience.
– Request for moving estimates from various moving companies and compare prices
– Check the company’s license status and insurance coverage
– Check the company’s website and read some online reviews
– Get some references or a list of previous clients whom you can call for verification.
– Know the moving company’s years of experience in the industry
– Be familiar with the company’s offered services.
- Have a quick visit to your new city – If you have an open mind about visiting your new city before the moving day, then stick with it. Knowing your new place beforehand can make any adjustments much more manageable. As you explore the wonders of your new city, you can be able to set your expectations in advance, making the relocation a breeze.
With a booming economy, beautiful landscapes, picture-perfect mountains, and many more relocating from NYC to Charlotte, NC can be a viable option. If you’ve decided to move to this place anytime soon, consider this article as a useful resource of information about Charlotte, NC as well as the tips for making your relocation successful and stress-free.