If you’re planning on conducting a move, you might be surprised to learn that there are many kinds of moving available for your needs. For instance, if you talk with a moving company, they might mention that not only do they conduct local and international moves, they may even have things such as house moves, as well as something called commercial moving. If you’re new to business or a homeowner, you might not know what this immediately means. However, if you’re planning on focusing more on a business or an enterprise soon, it’s best you become familiar with the concept as soon as possible.
What is commercial moving? Essentially, commercial moving is a kind of move that focuses on aiding businesses and enterprises on various moving needs – such as transportation, storage, moving and packing, and other services that involves the movement of various logistical aspects of a company. Here are other things you need to know:
- Involves transporting business equipment and goods for various reasons. Unlike typical moves, commercial moving involves moving various company and business assets – including belongings, equipment, and products – to new places, more often than not by moving companies. We’re not just talking about office equipment here, but rather relocation services as well. In turn, commercial moving often requires more planning, considering that these moves can potentially disrupt operations and companies may need to adjust how they provide their services based on these things.
- Involves transporting fragile and sensitive information. Unlike usual house moves, office moves and commercial moving may involve the transportation for sensitive materials and equipment – these range from free moving special equipment with company IP, or even sensitive records inside computers or hard drives. This is also why customer service for commercial moving also involves specialized professionals, as they need to ensure they can provide a stress free moving experience, be it during office relocation or during other relevant commercial moving needs.
- Involves the transportation of specialized electronic materials. Unlike usual house moves where even civilians can pack and unpack their computers and other ordinary electronics, professional moving and commercial movers actually need specialized equipment and procedures when it comes to moving particular office equipment. This is also why free quote and moving projects often have special regulations when involving various companies, as this means movers might be holding confidential equipment. These specialized electronic equipment often relates to integral business functions, so specialized movers are also required when it comes to moving them safe and sound to the new home and destination.
- Involves specific moving processes, and not necessary full-service moves. Unlike usual house moves and residential moves, commercial moving often involves moving teams or an office mover having to provide moving solutions in the form of specialized commercial moving services. In turn, office moves don’t always involve full-service moves on the part of professional movers. In fact, some offices may simply need specific services from these movers – such as packing and unpacking, storage, or simply transportation.
- Involves specific regulations and protocols. Unlike house moves where homeowners often settle documentation and other requirements easily, office moves and commercial moving often involves more paperwork and regulations, especially when it comes to moving sensitive information and materials. Sometimes, missing documents and paperwork can hinder a move entirely. Specialized movers, in turn, always anticipate these kinds of situations. In turn, they often have services dedicated to local office moves, long-distance moves, inter-state moves, and even international moves. Moreover, movers also have specific protocols pertaining to these various circumstances, all geared towards making life for clients as comfortable as possible.
Commercial Moving: Your Company Needs Moves, Too
With the above tips in mind, it’s important to remember that commercial moving might seem like a spin-off of an ordinary house move. However, commercial moving actually has a lot of integral aspects and elements that house moves don’t ordinarily have. In turn, businessmen and others focused on enterprises need to ensure that the movers and professionals handling extensive moves such as branch expansions, relocations, and other office needs are handling equipment and other company matters with concern for safety, security, and privacy.